Xanadu

drewpy
This post is 3108 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

saw them live playing this in 79 on Hemispheres tour

My favourite band. I first picked up Fly By Night in Sounds, Mealhouse Lane ,Bolton in 1975 because the cover looked interesting. Ridiculous levels of musical proficiency. Have seen them at every opportunity I've had since

• Like 1

my forst Rush Album was Archives, their 1st 3 albums in 1 package.

Hemispheres was the second and my Bro was into them so between us we had them all.

I lost them in their synth stage as it went too far from their roots. took my son to see time machine tour though

• Like 1

Wow, that brought some memories back, great post

Loved the seventies, great music, great bands. Drove all over central England to gigs 2-3 times a week in the autumn/winter (gigs tended to be seasonal for some reason). We did well to arrive back safe as drinking and driving just wasn't a consideration then.

Kind of got me thinking, best gig ever?

Generallyalways had a good time, but 2 always seem to stay at the forefront of the memories, AC/DC first UK tour in the mid seventies at Derby Assembly Rooms. Memorable because because the local authority had filled the hall with chairs, within a minute of the band striking up, the bouncers were desperately chucking the chairs yards over everyones heads and into the sides of the hall cos everyone leapt to their feet. Late in the gig, Bon Scott emerging at the back of the hall with Angus on his shoulders and rockin out into the pit with the fans

The other was Uriah Heap at Leicester De Montfort Hall, for the excitement generated, and the fact that I ordered a round of "24 pints please mate" cos were were upstairs and couldnt be arsed to walk down part way through

best concert I went to was Monsters of Rock in '81.

Slade were amazing, BOC broke up that weekend and it showed. Whitesnake were ok

ACDC were just going through the motions, gutted

You're all wrong ;)

Monsters of Rock 88 was the best, and the best lineup. It was terrifying down the front and a shame people were injured/died but definitely one of the best concerts I've been to.

Iron Maiden / Saxon at Edinburgh playhouse were also excellent that year!!!

Knebworth '79 with Zep in all their glory, missed the coach back home, slept on the grass outside Stevenage Labour Exchange (Job Centre Plus for you young'uns ) in what turned out to be a bloody cold night. Naturally none of us had taken jackets. When we finally dragged ourselves to the train station the next morning the town centre was awash with discarded gallon containers of cider, and a fair number of those who had partaken thereof. Happy days

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Donny in 81, Slade were without the best band on show, came on late afternoon I think, the atmosphere immediatley lifted as their brand of rocky pop lifted the spirit on what was a grey and damp afternoon. The rest of the show was mediocre, AC/DC have never been as good without Bon Scott

I was at Donny in 81, Slade were without the best band on show, came on late afternoon I think, the atmosphere immediatley lifted as their brand of rocky pop lifted the spirit on what was a grey and damp afternoon. The rest of the show was mediocre, AC/DC have never been as good without Bon Scott

I was at the front at the Slade slot.

I remember the rain never touched us due to the amount of radiant heat the crowd gave off, amazing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online