Ixil exhaust remove baffles

twisted89
This post is 3136 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, 

I have a ixil hyperflow exhaust on my xj6 and I'm looking to remove the baffles, I've tired pulling them out to no avail which leads me to believe I need to drill out some of the rivets towards the end of the exhaust. Before I do so I was hoping someone could confirm this? Here are a couple of pictures of my exhaust so you can see what I'm referring to. 

xlhlXj9.jpg

ZoWKntP.jpg

Thanks. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Best advice, phone the maker/manufacturer of your pipes and ASK them if you can remove the baffles and what other mods you need to do if you do take them out, most exhausts are designed to be used "as is" and if you mess with them you might have to re-jet your bike to compensate for the loss of back pressure, if you just go ahead and do it anyway you could burn the pistons and valves by running to rich or to lean. So don't just drill it out cos you can, research it before you tackle it. 

try here http://www.ixilsilencers.co.uk/

It's a good idea as well to do an INTRO in new members section, most folks will not take any notice of one hit wonders, hope you stick around and Welcome to the YOC.

Edited by slice

The exhaust was specified as removable baffles so they can definitely come out just a case of how. I already have a power commander set up so the drop in back pressure isn't an issue. I'll be sure to drop a post in the intro section :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online