A little help needed on my Dragstar 650

Jinx
This post is 3164 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I need a little help with a couple of things on my Dragstar please :-)

1) I have cut the back of the seat off, as the rear fender has been replaced with a custom metal fender.  There is nothing to bolt the seat to currently, it is only slotted onto the frame with the plastic plugs.  What would you recommend to safely secure the seat to the bike?

2) Where is a side number plate bracket supposed to bolted on to?

I ride the bike, I don't know much about putting it back together after somebody else started the custom project for me....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Jinx

Your only option on fitting the seat is to take off the vinyl and foam so your left with just the plastic pan. Then look on the frame there will be a bar going across where the seat sits on, which also so happens to have two holes in.

Pop your plastic pan back on where it goes and with a permy pen mark the seat pan where those two holes line up, then drill them out.

Fit two bolt through the top of the plastic pan and glue them in place so that they can not turn (Araldite glue will be good)

Re fit your foam pad, then with a hair dryer and heavy duty staple gun re fit your vinyl. warm up the vinyl with the hair dryer and also the plastic pan so the staples penetrate nice and deep. (new vinyl is about a tenner on Ebay if you want to freshen it up)

Now you can pop the seat back on, then use a lock washer and a stainless steel nut to bolt the seat to the bike. Job jobbed

As for the side number plate, they mount on the rear axle.

Unbolt the nut on the rear axle (kerb side of the bike) pop the bracket on the axle and put the nut back on.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online