Breaks

Jingo1987
This post is 3175 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone need help agen so I no I've come the right place when I got me dt it needed the rear break bleeding so I looked up on you tube how to do it and I followed Step by step and it's still the same but it's got fluid and the pads r fine can any1 help thanks all 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Needed bleeding. How come? There have been a few of these lately. 

Is everthing free. The caliper pins can stick. The piston can also stick/sieze, master cyl seals can fail. Reducing brake efficientcy.

Whats the problem?

As above , strip   ,  clean and lubricate .  And don't give up 'til it's sorted .  Them's the brakes kid ,  On a side note , it's very dangerous to use compressed air to remove brake pistons from the caliper .  A few years ago my brother got hold of a set of surgeon's  expanding rib spreaders . Pop 'em inside the piston , turn the screw and presto , piston locked on and easily popped out  without any danger to life, limb or low flying aircraft .  If you are using compressed air , wrap the bloody caliper in a towel or something , unless you want to be left looking like you're wearing a monocle for the rest of your days .

Don't worri I no how bad they go seen it befor lol but when the break is pressed u can c the pads moving so don't think it's stuck could do with a clean tho but when I was bleeding the breaks as soon as I undone the bleed nipple and pressed the break the was fluid right away and no air so do u think the air would be right down the pipe somewhere as everythink els looks fine and could it need ajusting if u can do that thanks 

Is there something actually wrong with the brake. You do know there not stunning at the best of times. The one on my tdr is pathetic.