XJ6N Speedo/Clocks Loss Of Power

Neil_1105
This post is 3327 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

New to the forum but hopefully somebody can help..!!

I've got a 2009 XJ6N and I'm having an intermittent fault with the clocks.
I can ride the bike for ages and then all of a sudden I loose the LCD display and tacho. Sometimes it comes straight back on and sometimes it stays off for an undermined amount of time.
I've had it before where I've parked the bike up with the clocks working but when I've come to start it the next day (without moving the bike at all) the clocks are off again.
When the fault occurs, there is still power being received because I can see an orange back light around the edge of the clocks.
Something else to note is that after the clocks come back on, both the time clock and trip have been reset..!!

I'm hoping someone is going to say that they've had the same issue and that it was a break on the PCB in the clocks because its a cheaper fix than a broken wire in the loom.

Any help will be greatly received..!! ;-)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Spend as long describing yourself in the new members area as you did the problem and you will get plenty of replies.

Haven't the slightest idea myself, bikes I ride don't have led displays.

Plenty on here that do though and if you say hi properly I'm sure you will get help.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online