Hi all

elikoenig
This post is 3326 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm Dave from Dublin. I'm in the process of restoring a 1970 YAS1 with the help of a good mate, Kieran. Picture attached.

It's been a long road as loads of parts were missing and the bike itself had been butchered in many ways. But we are getting there and should be finished in a couple of weeks,  We've also just bought a 1967 YL1 Sports also for restoration but it should be easier as it appears to be fairly intact. (I had one of these back in 1970 so it's a nostalgia thing!)

Cheers and I look forward to being a member.

Yas1_original_condition_2.thumb.jpg.66a3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Evening blackhat250

That looks like a very nice YAS1, Hopefully ours will turn out somewhere near as nice. We had a chat, me and Kieran, about what we wanted to do when we started this. We decided to have a good looking 45 year old bike rather than something out of a showroom. Biggest reason is the cost of parts. I first got the bike off a bloke who brought it in from England (still have the reg if anybody's interested!) That was 10 years back. At that time I started buying bit's and bob's to replace missing bits. Just as well because when we started work about 3 months back prices had gone up by at least a factor of 10. For example a wiring loom I bought for 20 dollars is now 150+. And so on. Anyway, this bike will be used a lot. People need to hear a decent 2 stroke on full bore and see a bit of smoke:P

:welcome: to the YOC Dave. :D

:welcome: Dave

you watch the UGP?

Thanks for the welcome. Haven't been up to that for a good few years, work and so on. Mad scary stuff but that's a compliment, now you say it I must stick it in for next year. Nearest thing to me is the Skerries 100, a bit before the UGP.

Edited by elikoenig

Thanks for the welcome. Haven't been up to that for a good few years, work and so on. Mad scary stuff but that's a compliment, now you say it I must stick it in for next year. Nearest thing to me is the Skerries 100, a bit before the UGP.

well its on iplayer ATM

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online