Ready to Go !

KevtheRev
This post is 3184 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well here she is , my first bike in 8yrs ,  I hope I'm still man enough to tame this mighty beast .  My last 6 penalty points will vanish like a puff of smoke on Sept 5th .  Funny that , as I don't remember getting  6 points in one day !!   Anyway , the penalty point system here is a farce , i.e.  you only get points if you don't have a copper in the family /friends  circle .  F'n disgrace .

Roll on September .

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/bigkev777KevtheRev/media/Kevs Pics 014_zpsttsuh3yr.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Got this for €620  ,  fitted a rear tyre , fork seals ,  tapered headrace bearings ,  C+S  and brake pads  @   €135 , not too bad I thought .

Back in the '80s  when I was a courier you couldn't get  clean small bikes for love , money  or dirty little deals done down back lanes involving knee-pads  and  chap stick !  But due to the death of the motorcycle courier industry in Dublin  there now seems to be plenty about .  It's an ill wind that blows no good I suppose .  Oh , and only  15,000 miles on the clock 

Figured out how to post the pics , lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome back to the real world Kev, nice tidy little bike you have there, just remember not to let all that power go to your head !!!

• Like 1

I know Slice , this kind of power must be used responsibly . Or God knows what could happen , could create a disturbance in the old Space/Time continuum  or something. Thanks for the advice , lol .

Edited by KevtheRev
speeling
  • Like 1

So is the TDR a past love or ambition?

Looks THE biz kev   B),, thers a guy on here  wondering where the kickstart is . go tell him,,,,;)

• Like 1

Well the suspense is killing me, with work blocking all this related to media sharing all i see is a little white box! :( what you buy??? :popcorn:

• Like 1

So is the TDR a past love or ambition?

Oh , one o' the Bro's old flames .

Well the suspense is killing me, with work blocking all this related to media sharing all i see is a little white box! :( what you buy??? :popcorn:

Lol! , Sorry , it's a little electric start CG .

• Like 1

Waheyy!!  I  got the tax and insurance sorted yesterday and went for my first ride out today !  Guess what .  It was even better than I thought it would be . It brought back all the memories and excitement of my first bike , a DT , nearly 30yrs ago . I even woke up early with excitement and got out on the road just like I did back then . It was magic ! A run out the south Wexford coast ,  on a perfect morning .   The bike was  lovely and ran without a single hiccup .  It actually feels like it's not fully run in yet , but that wont take long .. The new brake pads are starting to bed in nicely , no knocks from the new headrace bearings and with the new c+s  and rear tyre  she glided along .   I'm ecstatic , lol !!   Just want to say thanks to the site for giving me my biking fix while I was off the road .  Cheers people !   And here's to no more motorcycle emptiness . Nice one !

Lovely mate, no better feeling than two wheeling !!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online