Yamaha XJ6n cuts out when revved

phanatik
This post is 3255 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys hope someone can help me. I have a 2013 Yamaha XJ6n and I have been having some trouble for sometime. The bike randomly cuts out when revving (I have change the spark plugs and checked the air filter). The thing is it will ride normally but when I slow down for lets say a red light and then throttle without stopping it it'll cut off. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Appreciate any help given. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi :welcome: to the YOC, it's usual to say Hello first before you ask a "how do I fix my bike" question, new members section, we get loads of one hit wonders who want help then without a "Thank you" bugger off never to be seen again, so if you would be so kind try saying hello first. Have you ruled out an electrical fault? I would check the fuses and wiring (earth wires) before I tried new plugs and filters, why do you think it's either of these things anyway what led you to think it might be them? There's loads of reasons it might cut out so you should give some more info about how you use the bike, is it left out all the time? Has it been serviced properly? Do you have a manual and do you know anything about bikes or is this your first bike? It helps if you fill out your details as well so we know if your a complete noob or a seasoned rider. If your in the UK for instance it helps to know this as telling you about a shop we all use and your from Outer Mongolia is bloody pointless.

Edited by slice

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online