Vmax question. Carbs/carb?

Cynic
This post is 3330 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, I didn't know where the Vmax fits into the scheme of things, custom, cruiser. Ok I know were not talking sportsbike.

Thing is a mate of mine round the corner is constantly buggering about with an old Vmax. To be honest the poor thing makes me cringe when it goes past on one of its many 'test runs'. Throw a 4 sided dice to guess how many cylinders its using.

Anybody know how to set the bloody things up, all that v boost stuff.

He tries but he doesent like to admit he is wrong so I have to be a bit tactful and he really needs some help or he is going to get rid. Probably with a couple a gallon of 4 star.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, they are not simple to work on as with all V engines everything is in the way of its self. Got the thing running MUCH better.

I found that pot 4 was flooding out massively. Turns out there was a plastic washer from god knows what jamming the float.

Then got the carbs balanced after sorting the throttle cable, being a Bowden/MX style push,pull set up it has to be just so to work the engine smoothly as it pulls the carbs shut. Then balancing the carbs, whew were they out. By a fkin country mile. Had to go round 6 or 7 times, get closer while keeping it running, check and adjust again getting nearer each time round. Finally got it sorted, long way from silky smooth as the carbs really want a full rebuild but he is chuffed.

Well i gets a go for my troubles and I can understand the attraction, a GSXR will waste it. So what! When that vboost comes in its like a 2 stroke, but bigger everywhere. Proper arm pulling stuff.

LOL no grace, no style. Handling is pure 80's cruiser, hideously uncomfortable without highway pegs, engine is full fat angry, it pops and gurgles a bit in the vboost transition and big throttle movements. Like a 2 stroke tbh and, confession time. I absolutely fucking loved it. As a motorcycle its shit, as a thing to make work tomorrow seem just a little further away, awesome.

Yes I could buy one, doubt I will but it is one of those times where the poster pin up actually isn't a fantasy and disappoints, it did what I expected and more.

Edited by Cynic

That's the thing, his is blacked up. All the bling is gone, fruity pipe and some braided hoses. Job done.

Its got a no bulshit, DILLIGAF air to it. Certainly not 'pretty'. You wouldn't care if your jacket zip scratched the 'tank'. But it seems all the better for it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online