XTZ 750 not sounding so super .

KevtheRev
This post is 3206 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Here's the story . A friend of mine was pootling around on an absolute dog of a Super Tenere .  He never checked it for oil . The other day it shit a plank .  I was kind of glad because it wasn't the most roadworthy machine I've ever seen by a long long shot . Matey (bit mechanically challenged), said it started making funny noises so he continued on at 70mph until the bike refused to put up with it any more and gave up the ghost .  (Here's where I come in )  He got it vanned home (first mistake , I thought), and asked me for a diagnosis . I turned the key and pushed the button and she fired up .  HOLY SHIT !!   What a racket , knocking , banging , and the screeching of .....something .   From the noise I thought  the bike had dropped a valve so I whipped off the head and lo and behold , not a bother on  them .  Hmmm !!?  .So anyone had a similar experience ?  Any suggestions as to what finished her off ?   When I drained the oil there was about 1 1/2  ltres in it .   I reckon it's the crank or the mains  .  

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Knocking banging and screeching, what an image. Guy should be shot for cruelty to mc's.

Although...........? Had a van do pretty much that many years ago when I had the mechanical sympathy of a teen :blink: it was the mains breaking up. Ultimately it put a rod through the front of the block with enough violence at about 80mph it went out of the block through the rad and the grill trim in the front bumper. ahem. You could see the crank without opening the bonnet. The hole in the motor you could fit your hand through.

The real surprise, with the rod out of the way it still ran, funnily enough only on 3 but perfectly well enough to get out of the traffic.

Anyho, yep, crank dead would be my guess too.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online