FZ6-R question

Sik-Wit-It
This post is 3252 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just bought it yesterday, and out side of pro rider reviews, I don't have a ton of user input/reviews on it. It's my first sport bike coming over from a 650 V-Star. If any of you ride one of these, or have in the past, is there anything I should know about my bike as far as issues, trouble areas, things to keep an eye on? Spell it out in crayon, if you don't mind. I'm a newb, and not ashamed of it. Happy to be on two wheels again, but I'm ignorant in the ways of a sport bike. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice bike, I was considering one before getting my FZ1 (Fazer 1000 in Europe). I bought an older bike, so I was constrained by what was available locally but I am very happy. I am sure you will be very happy too. These bikes have good reliability and are fun to ride.

post a picture so we can see :)

• Like 1

I"v riden the FZ1-n.   It was a mates,   he had no issues at all with it  ,  there not proper sports bikes tho,  the R6 /R1  are,   the FZ"s are  same motors -down tuned  .  and semi fared , or Naked -N. 

Just bought it yesterday, and out side of pro rider reviews, I don't have a ton of user input/reviews on it. It's my first sport bike coming over from a 650 V-Star. If any of you ride one of these, or have in the past, is there anything I should know about my bike as far as issues, trouble areas, things to keep an eye on? Spell it out in crayon, if you don't mind. I'm a newb, and not ashamed of it. Happy to be on two wheels again, but I'm ignorant in the ways of a sport bike. Thanks!

I think the R version is for the American market.I bought an FZ6 S2 earlier this year, rides nicely, not had any problems reliability, perfoms as it should, finish looks good quality, decent brakes, comfortable to ride.

Only downsides for me are that I find it awkward to flick the side stand down as you have to push the foot peg out the waywith your heel and in the same axction shove the stand down, not particularly well designed. And the gearbox is very cluncky in first and second