Fuel injection

Jundrox
This post is 3350 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2003 yamaha YZF600RR thundercat(daily driver and I have a car) and I have a 2002 yamaha r6 motor. Will the r6 fuel injected heads fit on my Thundercat crank case or should I just rebuild the r6 and put it in? 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you thought of asking a professional this question? It's not that someone on here might know the answer but really this is the sort of question only someone who does this for a living would know. Most of these heads look the same but they really aren't, you only need to be 1 mill out and your going to fuck both engines for nothing, plus the fuel injection will run off of the ECU on the R6 not the Thundercat and if they are not the same then your on a hiding to nothing cos the timing is everything on these bikes not just firing order but fuel and air are just as important, I should try your local Yam dealer workshop and see what they say, stand well back when you do to allow for people rolling round on the floor laughing (just kidding) otherwise try an R6 or Thundercat owners site.

• Like 1