Plastics Swap

Silkk
This post is 3368 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anyone know if I could retro fit the fairing from a Thunderace 1000 onto my FZR without too much messing with the mounts? 

Anyone done this sort of conversion or any other ideas? 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the older 1987 FZ's have race fairings and seat units available.

you'd have to cut out the headlamp nacelle.

R6 fairing have also been made to fit the FZ's too

I have a spares nacelle you could have if you want to try it. it fits to a front subframe

you'd have to cut out the headlamp nacelle.

I have a spares nacelle you could have if you want to try it. it fits to a front subframe

Run that past me again lol, having a simpleton moment. 

By nacelle your meaning top fairing front im guessing, where you will actually need to fabricate the hole and mounting for the headlamp (which is what I had to do with the current fairings, hence the chinese lamps) 

And yeah, im looking to replace ideally as a full set, as the rear fairing just underneat the passenger seat and sissy bar is currently that bad it is held together with tape and cable ties. 

Got pretty much the original OEM Delta frame, and the top mount fairing brackets (the one that bolts from the top of the delta box) and then the top fairing is essentially held in place using the mounts for the mirrors. 

Unfortunately plastics and making things pretty isnt my forte should be say, as most of my bikes I have either ratted or street fightered, or left as stock. 

So for the fairing and trimmings I am a complete novice :) 

on a slight side note, I am liking the look of the R1 race conversion kit, but I really dont like the single off set front lamp 

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/yamaz/fzrr1conversion.htm

Would want a twin spot light or something a little more symmetrical for that price 

yes nacelle./top fairing the same thing.

there's also a chinese company which do full fairings for £300 ready painted Akai?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online