Its too hot

drewpy
This post is 3260 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

got the day off today, but I should have stayed in bed....

car wouldn't start, so had to trouble shoot and worked out it was the leak off pipes, so £35 lighter, fitted them and then the battery was drained so had to buy a battery charger £29.

So whilst that's charging, I did a bit more on the fz engine, the ratchet spanner I was using slipped upwards and got wedged between nut and engine, i could ratchet it but not get it back over the nut.:angry2:

so I've just left it for now,too hot and bothered and will have to grind the spanner in half to get it off (lovely spanner too)

at least the car started and ran ok after a lengthy charge, but what a waste of a day :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Spent 4 hours cutting hedges today and I must admit that half way through I though its a tad warm, must be a better way to earn some dosh to keep the bike on the road and to get a few beers.

Then I went for a ride this evening and thought no it's perfect

Out on the bike in  the afternoon, just great all the vents open on my jacket & crash hat and the summer gloves on, what can be better than that?

Too warm by far. Had to get the missus to help me out of my leathers last night. 

Even using talc on the trousers, they still stuck to my calves...... 

• Like 1

32 degree today here :( never happened to me before. well, not in last 5 years in UK. thanks god for the undersuit

Edited by lallasro

Huh "    fekn 18  here today , and its raining now too.  :angry2:.  bloody heat went west , and right up north,,,,bah,,,

Had a great day, l was working in Shrewsbury for past 2 days so decided to take the bike, l managed to finish by 2:30 so took a long way home via welshpool, Oswestry Llangollen then on to Chester weather was hot but as your moving it wasfine, only downer was my hayfever playing up again mask didn't help ended up taking it off

• Like 1

only downer was my hayfever playing up again mask didn't help ended up taking it off

Is that the one you wear at Squires...:biggrinbounce:

Was working in direct sunlight over a running Range Rover engine. Nearby thermometers read 39ºC!!!

Was NOT impressed...

41 c at my mill , way too hot but had to bear it . beat that anyone.

trouble at mill, did they give you drinks Kev?

I bought ice lollies for my staff

Factory I used to work in, if you had to go to the top of the plant on days like today it was well over 50. You were working above 4 chemical reactors running between 100 and 240 deg c with associated pipework.

On a busy shift if you were spannering on the plant a lot, blockages etc you really would be dripping in sweat.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online