Hello! First post. Will CT175 Topend work on DT175?

Laylavmax1200
This post is 3382 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone. First post here. Great forum. I built a 1974 DT175 for the wife. Lots of piston slap so I took Topend off and was bad. I've got an old 1971 CT175 I was going to restore with brand new top end. So I mounted it on the DT. Only custom I had to do was add 1/2" spacer to carb and cylinder. It ran before but not now. Sucks! I cleaned carb out so good you could eat off it. But I can't even get gas to the carb. Just small amount that's left in fuel filter. I've got spark. Don't know what to do. Can't redo the DT Topend right now. Too much $. Am I wasting my time trying to Frankenstein this? Also, what's with the different carb? I know '74 has reeds and '71 piston port but is that lever on the '71 the choke? It doesn't help. Please if someone can help, help me. Thank you. And thanks again for this great forum

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you actually checked the flow out of the tank, there is a filter in there and in the tap.

Also, multiple threads almost never get replies, it confuses people.

Hi lavmax, yeh its the choke lever, witch if fed by a brass pipe that's dips in to a well in the carb bowl, thers a small hole feeds the well .make shure its clear,

as cynic says , get full flow from tank first, pull the pipe to see flow.

Here , see the small hole at bottom of choke well, blast it thru with carb cleaner, .it may need rodding , ,fuel must pass thru, to fill the well, for choke to work ,

20150619_223914.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online