Getting the RD350 sorted

mcferreira100
This post is 3388 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Been busy sorting all the RD`s hassles out. First off the tank and plastics have gone off for paint (finally)..will post pics to end off the restoration thread.

Then sorting the sidestand as its already hammered the chrome off the new pipes. Quite a mission as bolt broke off..couldn't drill it out so cut out the section of frame to get sidestand off..then still couldn't drill it so cut off piece of sidestand. Found new piece with existing hole..cut to size..welded onto stand and welded new nut onto the back. Sidestand repositioned now to miss exhausts. (Touched up damaged chrome with Hi Heat Silver paint)

SAM_0362_zpso3cjzhom.jpg

SAM_0359_zpsng96x7lp.jpg

SAM_0360_zpsddznr9aq.jpg

Then thought I had rev counter sorted but soon as I put cable back in, cable bracket was loose again..so rev counter will HAVE to be opened to repair..damn.

SAM_0354_zpssvmts8da.jpg

The plugs were blackened on top from worn plug caps not making proper contact. Replaced both caps and cleaned up the plugs. (would think this will have affected performance considerably..noticed one pipe going nice and blue by the headers while the other is not as blue)

You can see its worn oval.

SAM_0356_zpsfpygziza.jpg

SAM_0357_zps1sdedfj3.jpg

SAM_0361_zpsr8ay2zdh.jpg

SAM_0358_zpsmzayvjgl.jpg

Cleaned up fuel cap again as I still suspect a breathing problem. Spruced up cover as well.

SAM_0364_zpsswqcvkia.jpg

SAM_0365_zps47nsbry6.jpg

Cleaned up petcock again and replaced seal.

SAM_0363_zps6swrtgil.jpg

Retorqued head while tank is off.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online