1999 - 2002 R6 5eb rear shock spring

drewpy
This post is 3236 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi Folks,

I'm trying to get the measurments for the R6 rear shock spring so I can get one made up that is stronger.

does anyone have one off the damper and can they measure the internal diameter and length please?

ta velly much

Drewps

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

try talking to Kev at KB Racing he has at least 25 years playing with suspension ... I guess he could re valve it (change the shim stack ), and and work out the correct spring for you ... this way may be better than trying to work it all out yourself ... you could email [email protected]

ok thanks for the heads up, just wantng the spring ATM as I've spent loads and just wanted to get the spring and then overhaul the shock over winter

If you alter the spring, the shim stacks in the damper will be all wrong and it just wont work correctly, in fact you make the bike handle worse rather than improving it !

If you alter the spring, the shim stacks in the damper will be all wrong and it just wont work correctly, in fact you make the bike handle worse rather than improving it !

can't be worse as it bottoms out with just me bouncing on it :)

So if you fart on every bump you'll be fine Drewp! :rofl: