YBR new exhaust not starting

chiggyman
This post is 3395 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there!

Been using this forum for a while to get advice on keeping my YBR up and running, and up until now it's been fine even in the cold etc.

After failing an MOT due to exhaust blowing, thought it was time to swap for a new one.

Unfortunately after trying for an hour to get the bolts out, they came out but the whole exhaust snapped at the weld, leaving the 10mm spout inside the engine.

2 hours with a dremel grinding disc later, and we were back to a fresh engine, and I bolted the new exhaust on and.. she turns over, but no life.

The fuel ignites (exhaust gets hot, can hear the occasionally pop) and if I give it some throttle, the turning over gets noticeably easier and it very nearly gets going, but doesn't seem to sustain itself.

I have checked the obvious, battery is fine (and charged) and used the kick just incase electric was dropping it (tested with multimeter, all seems fine.) Spark plug put onto a ground, sparking away happily, replaced it anyway just incase. Turned over without spark plug, can see and smell plenty of fuel in there! Last resort used some engine cleaner sprayed into the engine through the exhaust vent to try and see if any crap had got in there from grinding the exhaust, still dead.

Any ideas? Nothing internally with the engine has been touched, my only guess is that the exhaust valve can't shut properly as it is stuck with crap from removing the exhaust and so low compression. Don't have a compression meter to test, could get one if needed

Any ideas would be a great help

Thanks

Jay

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online