Help with sr125 1983 rebuild

Banksy182
This post is 3400 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys. I'm new to rebuilding bikes but I have done a few cars, so I have an idea of what I need to do.

The bike - the bike is a Yamaha SR125 1983 it has less than 3000 miles on it. Reason for this is because it was only on the road until 1994 where it sat in a garden without a cover until 2 weeks ago. It has been started and run off-road a few times but was treated bad. I know the engine and chasis is solid still.

Since picking it up 2 weeks ago she hasn't started, I've tried jumping it and even bumping itbut nothing.its like there is no power to Ny of the electrics.

I have no workshop manual or anything so I'm hoping some of you great chaps may be able to help to get her started so I can repair the electrics before completely stripping her.

Cheers rob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye banksy " best with a new battery , then clean all connections, , new plug , then see if a spark, ,drain fuel, and fresh will help.

Cheers il give that a try. She is in a bad was as my little bro smashed her up with a hammer a few years ago :( so it's going to be a long ass rebuild. Has anyone got a wiring diagram for one of these old birds?