Motor dies when open trottle

Stenen
This post is 3400 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have one 125 Virago and one 250 Virago. Now this spring when trying to start up I got problems. When I have choke on and no gas the motor start nice and idle fine but as soon as I open trottlel, even Little, motor dies. Same problem for both bikes.

The 250 motor has only gone 1200 km and is untouched. The 125 has made 9000 km and I had to take carburator apart as the choke slida was stuck. I have fixed that and put it all together. Will start but do not accept open trottle.

Happy for any tips that help me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

this is normal for many bikes with carbs after a winter layoff, It often happens to bikes that aren't used regularly, get them warmed up properly and play around with the throttle position and choke until you can coax them into life

Good Morning Moderator and Blackhat. Thank you for replay and advise. Will go ahead with trottle/choke play and hope it will work out. Blavkhat what is the "Pilot Jet" you mention? Yes of coarse, I will replace the gasoline as well. I am only used to 40-50 years old Bing Carbs in my Veteran BMWs.