Xj600 pre diversion

This post is 3404 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just thought I would say hi, I have just been given a j reg xj600.

It's been sat in a garage for 16 years, and hasn't been started for over six.

It's all there, and in pretty good condition apart from the tank which looks like something has been dropped on it from a great height.

Plan on seeing if I can fire it up tomorrow, so I might be back with some questions soon.

Cheers, Colin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice intro.

There are a few divvy fans here so you should be running in no time.

Welcome

Hi Colin welcome in. Nice bike the 600 should be lot's of fun when you fix it up. :jossun:

Thanks, quick update..

Well, I started to strip all the plastics off, while I was at it removed the plugs and carbs. The plugs were cleaned and gaped carb bowls taken off and jets removed, all cleaned and blown out, they were suprisingley clean.

The battery is completely dead, as expected so I connected some jump leads from my car and cranked it over, before the plugs went in.

Put it all back together with a make shift fuel supply, and pressed the starter, after about 15sec it fired up, and runs like dream.

The only thing I noticed was the oil light only came on while the engine was cranking, and it stayed off while the engine was off, ignition on, and it stayed off while the engine was running ?

the oil light doubles as a warning light.

mine comes on if you have the run set to stop.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online