YBR 125 error code 39

arctica
This post is 3323 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I am wondering whether you have any practical experience with error code 39. I keep getting this occasionally... The error comes up while the bike is in motion and everything cuts out when the engine warning light starts blinking. The electrics stop working and the only thing you can do is pull over somewhere fairly safe as quickly as you can. I am able to restart the bike after about 5 minutes and it runs fine.

I looked up the error code and it comes up as fuel pump/injector. I took the bike to several repair shops, it's also been looked at by Yamaha and they say that nothing's wrong with it. The last time I had it checked (by Yamaha) they told me that one of the cables was loose and they just secured it better and that this could potentially solve my problem. Well, it hasn't, so I am wondering whether you have any experience with this or whether you could give me any idea what could be going wrong here that is escaping the scrutiny of even the official dealership.

Any ideas please? I thought about the following - it could really be the fuel pump, which could fail to provide fuel for a split second and then resolve itself. This gets detected by the sensor and activates the error code. Could it be a sensor? Or faulty electrics? Which ones exactly?

Many thanks,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and Welcome to the YOC, it's usually polite to say Hi before you ask a "how do I fix my bike" question, if you would be so kind as to pop over to the New members section and say a bit about yourself you might get a few more answers to your problem as folks are a bit wary of one hit (I want) wonders, not saying that's you but we do get our fair share of folks who demand info then never come back even to say "thank you". My personal opinion of your problem is that it's an electrical fault but if you have had Yamaha look at it and say it's a loose connection then I would be under the bike with a screwdriver or spanner checking all the connectors and cleaning them with switch cleaner before I did anything else. :jossun:

Thanks slice, I will check the cables one of those weekends (going on hols for 10 days). If this doesn't fix the problem - off it goes to Yamaha... again... I was considering changing the fuel pump, but to be honest it seems to be working fine...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online