Waheyy!! Bought my first bike after years off the road .

KevtheRev
This post is 3326 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Howdy people ! I'm pinching myself ! I just got my new wheels . After 20 odd years of biking everyday , business and pleasure , I picked up a 4 year ban due to an unfortunate incident involving a car , a hedge , police and a judge . I took it on the chin and did my 4 years and was delighted to get my licence back . I wasn't so delighted to to discover that it now had a "Licence Endorsed" stamp on it and 10 penalty points left for good measure . Well , not much point talking to the insurance people just yet, I thought .

So , that was three years ago , the points are gone and the endorsement should come off in a bit . , and I've missed having a bike bigtime . I spotted an ad for a '05 Honda CG125 ES . ( I know , I know , apologies , If Yamaha made a CG I'd have bought theirs , honest ) . 15,000 miles , €750 . Reasonable money , feck all mileage , so I went for a look . It looked ok if a bit neglected at first sight . Still on original ( knackered ) chain and sprockets , bald back tyre , weeping fork seal , weeping shock at rear , broken indicator , bent headlight bracket , dented headlight rim and a small dent on the side of the tank . Pretty clean for an Irish bike . Did the deal for €620 . I got it home and went over it with the rag and WD40 and my grin got bigger and bigger . The thing has never been touched , no scarred boltheads , no threaded screws , nothing . I'm hoping I won't be crucified by the insurance on such a small bike , and on the roads around here anything fancier would be destroyed in no time . I've owned a couple of these hardy little bikes in the past (even a new one once ) , and this one is as good as they come . I hope to get many years service from this little bike and I'll have wheels while I put my LC back together . Keep it between the green bits !!

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nice one, good intro into bikes, then get a few NCB's or go classic insurance route

welcome back to 2 wheels, i'm sure you missed it big time, stay safe and enjoy

• Like 1

Well done Kev " that feeling of a new steed is great aint it,, :thumb:

• Like 1

Sure is ! This little lady's been unloved for too long . Now she's found a loving home . I've had dozens of different bikes of all shapes and sizes but it still feels like getting my first bike (DT125) . I keep going out to the garage to look at it , lol .

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that mate, I still do it to the FJ and the FJR, I can't believe it sometimes, these shiny 2 wheeled lumps just waiting to go. Even after all these years I still get a buzz out of just admiring them and as for riding that is a whole other grin factor all together. :jossun:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online