Hidden rust.

Cynic
This post is 3341 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I know its not very exciting but after having to take my exhausts off I figured i'd give em the usual blast of black to smarten them up.

Well I noticed some quite substantial rust bubbles in the paint so decided to knock it back to get rid and give a good key.

Jesus it took over an hour to clear the rust, all the hot spots had rust forming UNDER the paint. Each little bubble would show an area the size of a fag packet that needed treating and the front of the exhaust is completely stripped back to the front of the expansion chamber.

The steel must be truly fkin awful quality. I went from cleaning a couple of blisters on the swan neck to practically stripping it In patches back to the rear of the cone in front of the stinger.

Im debating bear metaling the whole pipe.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Probably best. You can see the rust then.

yep strip it back now while its just surface rust then you can treat the whole thing before repainting

Around 700quid for the pair. Plus cans. Plus rejetting.

Sound fkin A though.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online