Handlebar vibration 2010 XJ6 Diversion (or any bike)

cliverlong
This post is 3314 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I get bad finger tingling and numbness after an hours riding on the XJ6. The engine doesn't feel "lumpy" but the buzz through the handlebar grips is at a frequency that affects my hands. Googling has shown that HVMP in the US produces some "heavy" (17oz) bar end weights which are made out of stainless steel and considerably longer than the standard XJ6 bar ends. There is quite an impressive Youtube video that shows on a particular bike how effective the weights are in damping the vibration (or moving it to a different part of the rev range). Does anyone have experience of these bar ends and can vouch positively or negatively for the benefit in reducing "buzz" through the handgrips?

Thanks,

Clive

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Before you do that try riding without bar ends.

If it makes no difference then the heavy ones wont help.

I found whacking on a set of Grip Puppies worked far better.

The diameter increase meant I wasn't having to hold the typical thin bike grips so tightly and the sponginess of the Puppies dampened the vibes a lot.

They're about £14 for a set, usually.

Dunno how that compares to bar end weights...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online