Dt175 unending project HELP

This post is 3286 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Everyone I have battled and battle and battled with my 78 dt 175 and I cannot figure it out. The bike starts easy however this is all it does the idle sounds terrible and won't take any throttle at all it just makes the bike die. Here are my thought : the idle I currently have the wrong piolet jet in the carb because I just found out after a year of having the bike,bit has a 79 carb on it and when I got a new piolet jet I got one for a 78 that part is on the way. Bike not taking throttle: so after realizing the carb deal I realized I was missing a rubber o ring the seals the main jet... Ordered yamaha ones not here yet but I had a o ring that seems to fit... Didn't change anything. So I asked a friend to look at it run he thinks it's a timing issue. I don't know how to adjust my timing if I can and I don't know how to test my cdi if I can't.

I need help desperately let me know your thoughts and suggestions

Video of my bike running

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I answered this in your double post, get the pilot jet out, :yeah:

More threads on the same problem don't help.

This post is 3286 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.