Xt 125 r, front brake is getting 0 pressure, everything tried please help. Also rear brake sticking (good karma is why I'm still breathing lol)

adamsb
This post is 3243 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, thanks for having a gander. Basic,y on my xt125 r I've been without a front brake for weeks and finally my master cylinders arrived. I replaced it and bled the system for well over and hour, still no pressure. So I kept filling the reserve up and with a tube on the bleed nipple I left it open and let gravity do its thing, still no bubbles just a constant flow. Again tried bleeding, no luck. So I wacked the calliper off and removed the pads, pushed the slave cylinder to the back, bled again, I saw that the slave cylinder is moving perfectly as I bleed it, tried it several times and it's simply working.

I know how hydraulics work I'm studying engineering and it genuinely doesn't make sense!!! (Everything's nice and tight no oil leaking from fittings etc)

Then if bad luck wasn't already slapping me around, my back brakes now sticking like mad lol not having much luck with brakes!! Aha.

Someone please help!!!

Thanks for reading really appreciate it, mechanics stand around with a thump up their ass saying gunna need a whole new system can't be dealing with them!! Lol

Thanks again, Adam.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye adam " they can be a bitch, I tie the lever to the bar all night, and bleed the next day . pushing the fluid in from bottom works best,

Time to strip the back caliper now eh.

And wait till you try a double disc front bleed, that"l try your patience :yeah:

• Like 1

Hi there , trail bike front brakes can be a bitch to bleed becauase of the length and routing of the brake line . Before you try bleeding from the caliper again , remove the banjo bolt completely from the master cylinder , place your finger over the hole , then pump the brake to see if it's building pressure . If it is you'll know it's not the master . You can then reconnect the line and try again . You could try raising the caliper above the level of the reservoir until you start to get some pressure . This usually works for me .

Old brake nipple fixed into the top of the brake fluid bottle. Fill from the caliper end first.

Then bleed normally. That master cyl only moves 5 or 6cc of fluid. About equivalent to a drop of water hanging on the end of your little finger.

Dont take much to spoil it.

my xt did the same thing:/these yamaha brakes are quaite a pain in the arse!!!! hers how i fixed it:took the good old repair manual and read it:when the brake instal is all dry when u fiil it up u must leave the liquid settle for a few hours just like blackhat said or like i did i blled it a few times with the cap on the a few times with it off then filled the thank and go to work after i cone back i bleed it again! when u blled it make sure u press the handle until it hits the handle bar!iff still dont works try to fill the liquid thank then put liquid in that rubber sealing then put the cap back on! keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your other option is to fill it from the bottom up, get a large syringe from you local chemist, they do 500mil ones, connect a pipe to the bleed nipple on the brake calliper end and push the fluid up to the master cylinder. It works and you can usually save all that pumping of the brake lever, as Cynic says you only move about 6mil of fluid with the brake lever through the master cylinder, this way you just fill it with a steady flow from the syringe. Seems counter intuitive to make the fluid run up hill and all but it really does work, my FJ clutch was a bitch to do until I did this and it filled in 20 minutes with the syringe. If you look on Youtube you will find some others that have done this.

Here's one guys take on it https://youtu.be/8JRzN896Uyw

This guy is doing his back brake but front works just as well.

Thanks allot everyone very helpful, I'll give it a crack on the weekend, you've all given hope!! Lol and black hat, that's the day I get a car... ;) aha. But yea cheers lads I'll let you know how I get on.

Ps not looking forward to the small talk holding a fuck off syringe at the check out Isle :L:L

• Like 2

Yer JUNKIE !!!!! :biglaugha:

• Like 2

Have you fixed it yet ???

• 2 weeks later...

I was just passing by the forum for the first time in a long time and thought I'd chime in on this as I have had exactly the same problem you're experiencing on my XT125R and it drove me absolutely bat-s&*t crazy for two weeks trying to fix it. I even went as far as replacing the caliper and master cyl (caliper needed replacing anyway). I tried everything mentioned above, but this is what solved it for me:

I removed the caliper from the fork leg, keeping all the brake lines connected but un-did all the brake line clips etc so I could move the caliper freely. I routed it up past the speedo and stood up on a step ladder holding the caliper way above the master cylinder so the brake line had no 'low points' in it, if that makes sense, so air wouldn't get trapped and could travel up freely. I put a spanner between the pads to stop the pistons from popping out and had an assistant pump the lever and keep the fluid topped up whilst I worked the bleed nipple and just bled the system conventionally - didn't take too long at all before I had a somewhat reasonable lever! After this I tied the brake lever to the handlebar overnight as has been mentioned above and had a perfect front brake!

As for the binding rear brake, providing everything's 'normal' and the fluid isn't over-filled or brake lever adjusted incorrectly, I would imagine the caliper wants cleaning and rebuilding with new seals and possibly pistons depending on their condition. The seals should be cheap enough, it's just that you will obviously have to bleed that brake after you're done.. I remember speaking to a mechanic at my local Yam dealer when I was struggling with bleeding my front brake, he said the back is even worse, so have a think about that one ;)

It's funny really, I rebuilt the rear caliper on a Bandit recently and had no problems what-so-ever bleeding it afterwards.

Anyway, I hope this helps you as I remember the frustration well! Keep us updated!