Sometimes it just sucks.....

Cynic
This post is 3342 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, today I decide to pop out on the bike for a bit. The kids were cranky, the missus too. My old lady is still knarked I missed mothers day, c'mon.

Docs want me to go for a CT scan after the ultrasound a couple of weeks ago.

Yep, with that lot I figure grab the keys and destroy a few more ozones.

Nope, 2 mile out the village she goes all flat then drops on to one cyl on all but flat out, great! the bloody idle jets AGAIN. Something she seems prone to.

Get home, (exhausts have to come off to remove the carbs unless you have double jointed hands that work backwards) exhaust gasket knackers its self and I don't have a spare......(&*$$) lh carb idle is blocked but the ruddy float bowl sealing rubber broke too, (£^*%£$**).

Net result, no therapeutic blast and the bike is out of use till next weekend at least.

Sucks..... :sigh2:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As above, then MORE shit happens, don't worry mate it can get worse !! :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Hope the CT scan shows up no problem mate but been there done that bought the fucking t shirt, shit happens and sometimes by the bucket full.

Hope the CT scan shows up no problem mate but been there done that bought the fucking t shirt, shit happens and sometimes by the bucket full.

I hope it shows SOMETHING. I have had blood tests, poo tests, pee tests an ultrasound (starved for 8hrs for that bst) seen 3 different docs and now have the ct.

They all agree something up. Just what the something is thats got em guessing.

Been going on since January so no rush eh.

Cynic lets just hope that they find something that can be fixed easily and get you back up and running on all cylinders.

A while back a mate's wife had to have a brain scan, he told me that there was 2 positives from the result of the scan, firstly they said yes she's got a brain but most importantly they found the problem and there was a quick easy fix and now she's back to normal.

So keep fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Lack of use " that tdr , :yeah: what up ,is it your gut that's the prob,,,,

Some good news, found the pipes on the carbs (they complete the choke circuit) had perished and needed replacing as well as a weepy fuel line.

The carbs were dirty inside too, took the jets out and cleared the muck in there, just poking through wasn't enough. Now have 2 sparkly (on inside) carbs.

Have some later exhaust gaskets too which should seal nice and tight too.

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online