XV 125/250 Carb Screw Function

terrywaker
This post is 3411 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've been having a little difficulty with my XV125 stumbling off of idle, after a lot of time, money and effort I believe it to be fuel related. Getting there little by little with adjustments here and there but I have come across a brass like screw very similar to the Pilot air screw and it's also very close to it, and I'm wondering if anyone here knows what it does? Please see the attached photos:

carb1.jpg

carb2.jpg

I appreciate any light anyone can shine on this.

Many thanks,

Terry

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't see photos here at work and it's been ages since I looked at a 125 up close... but might that be one of the carb adjustment or balancing screws?

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

I believe this is just a plug...the one in the picture has the head snapped off, but the one on my bike currently looks like a proper screw, however it is impossible to get it to turn, and I don't want to snap it - which makes me think it shouldn't/doesn't turn. It's placement is very close to the hole that runs up to the vacuum opening in the needle jet compartment.

On the plus side, after a lot of time and effort, I seem to have solved my off idle throttle response problem. After following the power up guide for the XV125 (re-jetting, etc), I have found that the shim/washer on the needle jet is just a little too much (or at least it is on my bike - of course it's going to be different on all bikes) and was bogging down the plugs with too much fuel too soon. Clip on the 5th notch with no shim and it appears to have an excellent throttle response now. Test ride tomorrow when the weather has cheered up.

Thanks again!

Terry

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online