Brake Master Cylinder on my R6 is broke

Radio909
This post is 6727 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I broke off the black part that holds on the front brake lever

I have ordered a new one but I need to use my bike still till Friday, is there anyway of temporarily sticking it

together?

I dont think it can be welded because its made of a cast compound! Would a super strong glue hold it together?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I broke off the black part that holds on the front brake lever

I have ordered a new one but I need to use my bike still till Friday, is there anyway of temporarily sticking it

together?

I dont think it can be welded because its made of a cast compound! Would a super strong glue hold it together?

there's a bike breakers in farnworth, can you not get one from there?

The Bikers Warehouse

Ground Floor; Grecian Mill, Worsley Rd North Farnworth, Manchester, Lancashire, M28 5QW

Tel: 01204 862832

I've already ordered a newie from Sale Yamaha but I wanted to botch it up until I get the part on friday

I've already ordered a newie from Sale Yamaha but I wanted to botch it up until I get the part on friday

I wouldn't trust it to glue. can you not get it tig welded till then?

I don't mind taking a risk every now and then but botching your brakes is like a whole different level.

I would suggest that actually drilling holes to allow the use of tie wraps. And then you want to put as many as you can on. if you're replacing it then it won't matter.

If however you're thinking of a repair so it can be sold on then you're a naughty boy.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online