Kickstand Switch

mkjd05
This post is 3413 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Everyone, I am a new rider with a YZF 600R. Recently my bike started allowing me to take off with the kickstand down. For obvious reasons I want to fix this. I've tried to find similar posts and have found very little. Sounds like some switch has gone bad. Any Advice?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes change the switch. Sounds obvious but if it's not working then you need to swap it out. Usually 2 screws or bolts on the switch body hold it to the frame then follow the wiring to the connector unplug it and your done, reverse to put on a new one. Lube the connectors before you put it back together just to make sure there is no corrosion after you have rebuilt it. Hope that helps?

It's usual to do an intro in the new members section before you do a "how do I fix my bike" question, just polite to say Hi before you ask strangers to help out, just sayin !

• Like 1

Hello, any chance of an INTRO? :sigh2:

That will be a NO then, Oh well can't say we didn't try !! :shakeno: Hope the info was helpful anyway, would have been nice if you had even said "thank you" tho. Ho Hum.

you didn't answer fast enough so moved on.

within the hour next time please :eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online