Can't Change Headlight Bulb

Motorhate
This post is 3431 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Riding home last night, dip headlight bulb went so had to use full beam. Went to change the bulb this morning and can't. I've got one of them double oval custom headlights:

980976769a434a21886bbeed169ef3ee.jpg?max

There's two hex screws on the side which I've undone but the housing (which I'm assuming should pull out) won't pull out. There are no other screws apart form the two side screws which thinking about it now, might be optional mount screws. Anyone else done one of these before?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As you say it's usual for the front to pull off once you have the bolts undone. Spray some lube on the rubber and leave it overnight to see if that might make the bugger come off, when you think about it it's supposed to be tight to keep the water out at 80MPH !! Or you could use the wife's hairdryer to warm the casing up to see if that might make it rattle free, just guessing.

use a suction cup, one like those used on GPS`s that you rotate them to get the air out. try push inside the glass, pull out with suction cup, with some wd40 is like the sex :)

• Like 1

Ah thanks fellas will give that a go and let you know how it goes.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online