Help needed..Majesty 250 ignition fault

barcode47
This post is 3442 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, all, My Majesty 250 has been standing outside covered up for around 3 months, when I turned on the ignition it stayed on for 2 seconds and then went off, if you use the kill switch or turn the ignition off and on the light comes back on again for 2 seconds. nothing on starter button during the 2 seconds that the light is on. Battery is in tip top condition and all terminals seem to be in tact. Where do I start looking? any help would be gratefully received. :eusa_doh:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's been out in the cold and wet for 3 MONTHS? and you want it to just start? Have you charged/changed the battery? Cos if not I'm surprised that it even turned on. :shrug: How about the petrol in it have you replaced that or is it the stuff that was in there 3 months ago? I only ask as fuel with ethanol in it only lasts about 3 months then starts to separate out and there will be water at the bottom through osmosis. You had best drain the tank to get the shit out before you run it through the engine. As to the starting fault, do you have the owners manual? cos that should have a guide to what the various start up faults might be.