93 Virago 1100 starting problems

Briggers
This post is 3454 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum hope you can help.

I have just bought my 1993 Virago 1100 from a friend who wasn't well enough to ride it, he told me that there was an issue with the battery which was causing starting problems. Sadly he is no longer with us so I can't correct him on this.

On taking a closer look it appears to be the starter bendix which causing the problem, this looks easy enough to replace but the problem is I cant locate as source other than in the USA and as my car is also busted I don't really want to wait till its shipped from the U.S.

I can probably order this from my local Yamaha dealer but was hoping to order it online today. Does anyone know a UK online supplier? I can't seem to find any with a search on Google..

Enjoy the rest of your Easter break.

David

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1) New members introduction in the New Members Section

2) Workshop questions in the Workshop Section

3) You may be able to lace an order online today, but I'll wager theres no-one there to despatch until Tuesday

4) Granby, Yambits, Fowlers, for Yamaha parts

• Who's Online (See full list)