Another one for the collection.

wild foamy
This post is 3117 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well peeps, picked up another little project tonight.

Was a bit interesting getting it home in the absence of my big truck. Can you tell what it is yet?...

DSC_0630_zpstummblaf.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Airhead was right, it's a DT LC! :P

125 with matching engine and frame numbers, not sure whether it's a mk1, mk2 or mk3. The VIN prefix is 12W

DSC_0631_zpsar3hhril.jpg

So are the parts interchangeable?, I've ordered a few universal bits for it but things like the fairings etc I want to make sure I get right

So far I'm needing:

Rear mudguard

Rear light assy

Oil tank

Autolube pump + cable

wiring loom.

LH switchgear

Seat cover

Fork seals and gators

Chain guard

Will need to have a proper look at it in the light tomorrow.

At that age restrictions are your last concern, they were probably butchered before the bike was 3yrs old.

Its only the pipe and carb settings. Back then the restricting didn't amount to much. It got you more easy power but wasn't the thing it is today, the power valve bikes that came next caused the derestricting obsession because they went from 12 to 25hp with just school yard tweaks.

Fit a sports pipe and use the carb settings from a 10w and you wont be far off, maybe the cdi. Not sure on the last one.

I'm planning to keep it stock as it would have been made, restrictors and all.

Frame is going to be black, silver swingarm, I'm undecided what colour to do the bodywork as until I get a V5C for it I don't know what colour it should have been originally!

• 2 weeks later...

Stripped the old swingarm back yesterday and gave it some new paint, frame will follow shortly as it is currently awaiting a repair to the sidestand bracket

DSC_0692_zpswf74rx6c.jpg

DSC_0693_zpsoq9a0uj0.jpg

Good start stevie " is that the local scrapyard your in :eusa_shifty:--------------------------------- :babyha:

• 4 months later...

What you run out of socks,,, :D , looks identical to the dt250/400 ....gubbings,,,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

12w was restricted to 12bhp, 10V wasn't restricted

just seen this and its got me wondering, my dt125 is 12w but has 10v stamped on most parts of it including the carb ? its 1982 Mk1with matching No,s  so is it restricted to 12bhp or what should power output be for this?

Edited by roadracejoe
addition to post

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online