Betty is gone

Noise
This post is 3320 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well folks that day finally came and betty has been sold.

Had a final ride with her this morning for a few hours and i know she is just a bike but my god was it emotional!

The guy who now owns her even said that he felt sorry for me as he could see how much i loved her.

Hey ho, deposit is paid on the new bike which will be here on friday or Thursday so watch out for the new project thread coming up......its gunna be good!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I very much look forward to the new project thread. Hope you saved the toaster tank for it?!

I can imagine it would be emotional, especially after all the work you did on it. Onwards and upwards though eh?!

• Like 1

I seem to be the only biker in the world who looks forward to getting rid of there bike.

But then again my bike has lovingly been named "A pile of scrap" for the last 6 months. Come on, it wobbles like jelly once you get above 50, it's like it has a hinge in the middle, can't wait to get rid of the metal bastard.

• Like 1

onwards and Upwards.

When you put your soul into something, it does make a sad day when circumstances say you have to sell it.

Well tommy i have the Xj on the road now so i can play on that, plus i most likely will be getting a little Kwak er5 on Wednesday not to mention the new project which is going to take a good year to get sorted.

So all is not totally lost.

• Like 2

At least you know Betty will be looked after by her new owner mate, nothing worse than selling your bike to a scrote who rags the shit out of your hard work. Plus the Divvy is a nice bike for the summer. :jossun:

Well he did say that he's changing the bars and paint but hey ho he wants to put his own touch on her which is cool.

He used to ride GSXR 750 and said that betty scared him more than that did haha.

Tis indeed buddy, but the beginning of something special

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online