FJ wiring

This post is 3479 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi fellow Yam oners. This is my first time here. I have an '89 FJ1200 3CV. Last year I toik it off the road for a liitle care and attention. I made a note of some wiring "alterations" by the previous owner/owners and subsequently lost it. I am really useless with electrics and would like to ask if there is anyone in the Plymouth area who could give me some of their time and knowledge to get her running. I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not something I know much about myself, but there are some folks who know the FJ's wiring inside and out:

http://www.fjfjrbiker.co.uk/index.php

Cheers, I hope they see this and can help. I don't really want to fix her because I will then have to sell her. Illness forces it, as well as angina and seizures I have just been diagnosed type1 diabetes! All that lot makes it unrealistic to ride again, the insurance companies would have a field day!!! Thanks again.

Cheers, I hope they see this and can help.

I was thinking more that you'd post the question on that forum as well.

Between here and there, there should be several people who could advise, either in person if they're local, or some well-explained online instruction (maybe even with photos).

TBH, a knowledgable FJ fan would probably buy it as is and be able to change it, assuming it was even a problem.

But if you're not keen on selling and would rather hold on to it for various reasons, then so long as it works OK I think you'll be fine to leave it like it is.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online