Should I lodge a complaint/advice regarding this delivery guy?

captf
This post is 3328 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So, while rambling to myself on Friday after work, a delivery moped rider undertook traffic, alongside the kerb.

I'm not talking about regular filtering, because traffic wasn't queued back. I'm also reasonably sure that he was going over the limit - at the point in the video, I think I was doing ~20mph based on the flashes of my speedo.

I've been swaying between contacting Papa John's [who he was delivering for] to - not lodge a complaint but - get them to inform their delivery guy he is likely to get himself injured doing that alongside busy junctions. If the taxt or biker in front of the taxi were turning left, he'd have hit them.

What would you men and women do?

Go ~12 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XJCiS6QbwF8#t=13

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First in line for the Darwin award.

Let it go, if the f*cker wants to kill himself there's very little you can do about it.

Let's hope he doesn't take anybody else with him.

had that happen to me, can give you a bit of a scare someone shooting up the inside like that, but you'll see things like this on a daily basis

so where do you draw the line! your time will be consumed complaining about idiots if you hadn't caught it on camera you would have forgot all about it by the time you got home.

Yes happens a lot, but they live and learn or the don't. not a lot you can do about it i'm afraid.

That kind of behaviour (and worse) happens in Central London - by all road users! You can't be everyone's guardian angel...

I think it's the first I've seen that in Manchester, which made it unexpected.

In London, it's par for the course, so people are looking out for it more?

I do find that moped riders seem to be the most suicidal though - they do the craziest filtering and so on. As if they only have 2 speeds: Stopped and Flat-Out [had one this morning come flying up behind me while I was filtering down Regent Road].

I've seen the chavs on them jumping red lights, as well as the pillion passengers on L-plates and not wearing helmets...

Bung it on YOUTUBE and see if the cops contact you otherwise forget it, sorry to say that this is becoming "normal" and why most car drivers think we are total arseholes. :shrug:

All depends if you caught his license plate on the video I suppose. I'd be all for reporting the little shit, it's not just himself he might get killed. As slice says, put in on the tubes and see if the police contact you.

Scooter riders are the bain of my commute. In and out of cycle lanes and boxes, undertaking, overtaking. The three wheeled version is the worst! Also, what's the fascination with sitting at traffic lights and revving the engine constantly with the back brake on (as if it had a manual gearbox)?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online