Hello and help needed

Skiv
This post is 3489 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all my names Stuart. Need help with a project I have started all info would be appreciated as my head hurts from trying to find it.

Anyway what I have brought is a dt 125 we believe it's a 1977 model. Now what I am wanting to do is use it for classic motocross being a twin shock.

I also want it to look like the mx125. I have brought various parts like the tank and the rear shocks already and I am currently stripping it down ready to restore.

I've been trying to find out the main differences between the two and if anyone can help with any information it would be great. Anyway I am sure I will have lots life questions as I go along

Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Stuart, Welcome to the YOC. :wavey:

Hi stuart " :jossun: the biggest difference is the YZ /MX is about 30 bhp , [ bigger carb and big porting ] front forks will be bigger also diameter & lenth .

Many thanks for the welcome. Seems to be a real learning curve this bike stuff lol. Anyway appreciate the replies more info would be great fully received.

I think my forks are 30mm In diameter only measured with a tape not a calliper. As I say I am trying to make it look like a mx as trying to find a mx at sensible money isn't likely to happen. I have a mx tank coming and a set of rear shocks from a 1974 yz 125a. I've been cutting bits off the frame that aren't needed indicator mounts and things ready to be sand blasted. Still loads to do and more info needed

Many thanks