Dt125 power valves

Finch
This post is 3353 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys ive just brought a 1991 dt125 ive started to strip it down and seen there wasn't a traditional power valve no cables or servo ive been looking into it and seen some came without a servo and just have a fixed valve but when i came to take it off its missing lots of parts and is just spinning around cant seem to find any diagrams or parts for the model without a servo so am kinda stuck with what to do keep trying to find the parts i need to fix it in place or convert it so its got a servo type but not sure what i would need to do any advise on this subject would be much appreciated thanks Luke.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The 91 DT125 didn't have the pv electrics and pulley fitted that and some clumsy exhaust blocking and carb changes was all the restriction you got.

Its why all these teenagers these days think de restricting a 125 is possible. In 91 they took a European wide spec and tweaked it for the uk. With todays emmissions regs and such bikes are more specifically designed so current 125's make the power their supposed to.

Yours with a working pv set up and quality exhaust and carb fiddling could (could, not will!) be good for 25hp.

Either scour ebay for the parts and keep your fingers crossed, or search for the parts for a MK1 rd350ypvs. It all bolts on, with the 350lc cdi you should get away with the pv controller that was separate on the 125. You will need to change the wiring to suit.

Get hold of a manual for a rd350 and the 125 to check for certain..

Or, pin it back in the mid position its ment to be in.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online