Dropped the damned bike !!!

slice
This post is 3474 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Weight of a bike is one thing that plays in my mind now after I dropped my Tiger in mud. In comparison to Slices bike mine was 210kg / 462lbs - but my god did I struggle to get that back up! I don't know how some folk make it look so effortless with this bigger bikes!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to hear about the very low speed bin Slice, but as they say as long as your not hurt thats the main thing! you can buy new mirrors but not a new back.

Thankfully the only bike i dropped was the 125 draggy and that too was a bit of a bitch to sit back on its wheels, kinda makes you feel slightly sorry for the older men going out and buying these gold-wings! how the feck do they pick them up if they decide to have a little lay down?

The 125?

Have to say, I never had any grat difficulty lifting any of my Cruisers, but that was the point in the looooong argument thread with Whotshisname who reckoned all Cruisers were deathtraps. It's all in the leverage.

That said, it's easier to lift a downed bike as you can place your feet wherever you need first. Don't usually get that choice when you're trying to stop the initial fall...

To answer your question about lifting Goldies - Look it up on YouTube. There's a great vid of a small woman lifting a downed Goldwing, which she does by backing up to it and reverse-lifting. I know some Police guys advocate this for their big bikes and I think it's a technique taught by official dealers or something, as the vid is some kind of Owners class at a retailer's showroom.

The 125?

Have to say, I never had any grat difficulty lifting any of my Cruisers, but that was the point in the looooong argument thread with Whotshisname who reckoned all Cruisers were deathtraps. It's all in the leverage.

That said, it's easier to lift a downed bike as you can place your feet wherever you need first. Don't usually get that choice when you're trying to stop the initial fall...

To answer your question about lifting Goldies - Look it up on YouTube. There's a great vid of a small woman lifting a downed Goldwing, which she does by backing up to it and reverse-lifting. I know some Police guys advocate this for their big bikes and I think it's a technique taught by official dealers or something, as the vid is some kind of Owners class at a retailer's showroom.

Thanks Tasky just seen the video must remember that in case there is a next time.

The 125?

Yer i doubt its wasn't that difficult for a fit and healthy guy like yourself ha-ha but with my fubar'd back even lifting my fat ass off the bog seat takes some effort

Yer just seen the video, still recon the older lot will get jelly legs after popping that back up tho

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online