Security Mark

obriens65
This post is 3356 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had a good look round the Divvy today and treated it to a wash and ACF50.

I noticed that all the fairings and the tank have what looks like a security mark on them. I've looked online and can't find anyone who seems to use this particular mark and was hoping someone on here might be able to shed some light.

The mark is DAT followed by a seven digit number etched in black dots.

My first thought was datatag but looking at their website this doesn't look like what they use.

Anyone have any ideas??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would have said Datatag as well, I bought a fairing off of Foamy a few months ago and that had a dotted set of numbers as well, just assumed that was who it was. Foamy might know. :shrug:

Hi

When I had my divi 900, I had it from new and datatag came as part of the package, it did have sets of small blue dots reading as several digit numbers/letters, also there were a few small transponder type items, one in the tank, and some glued into the hollow wheel spokes, also one was pushed into the seat foam from the underside, I had a transfer of registration document that I passed on to the new owner,

I think older datatag markings went like that - my XVS125 had them & datatag stickers too

Thanks for the replies. I'll try them and see if it's registered to them.

Thinking if it's datatagged it might reduce my insurance premiums a bit.

Well, got a reply from Datatag and it seems the bike is indeed on their register. They charge £15:50 to register it in my name so, is it worth it? Anyone on here use datatag?

Remember the Rubber side goes Down

Don't use it myself but I have heard that it can be worth it just to get your bike back plus it puts the shit heads off cos they can't sell the parts with the ID on it.

I had it on my Divi, as part of the original deal, I was more often than not able to get a small insurance discount, I kept the bike for over 10 years so I figure it paid for its self,

Also the area under the seat on my bike had a moulding on the upper surface of the rear mug guard that fitted the bigger Abus granit 'D' type lock keeping it in place and stopping it from rattling around,

Thanks again for the info. I think I'll get them to send the forms and register it. Can't hurt can it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online