XJ550 Maxim Dash Lights out

Tamarafletcher
This post is 3511 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had to install a new CDI on my 1982 Maxim, the dash lights had worked prior to this but on a ride out last week when it got dark rather quickly I found my dash lights have both gone. First question how do I take the dash apart to check the bulbs, although unlikely both have blown, secondly what else could it be?

thanks

Tamara

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Tamara and welcome to the YOC :wavey: , it's usual to do an INTRO in the new members section before you ask a "how do I fix my bike" question, just so we can get to know you as we get a lot of one hit wonders on here. You should be able to remove the bulbs from underneath the clock face, they are just a push fit so usually easy to get out if fiddly to get to, if the bulbs are ok then you need to check your fuses and see if the earth cables are tight and clean, try that first then come back if it still don't work.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online