Please don't laugh... Help required...

bippo
This post is 3509 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So then chaps - a 20mm bar riser kit has arrived through the post today. I find on long jaunts the Street Triple puts a little too much pressure on my wrists.

I know for a fact that the kit will be simple to install, but I was wondering if someone could help me out? I appreciate how silly that probably sounds but the last thing I want to do is get into a pickle. As a result, I was wondering if anyone who's local to me would be happy for me to swing round and work on this together? I will naturally provide drink or cash as a gesture of thanks!

All the necessary parts arrived with the kit and have been reliably informed by others with this installed that cable lengths are adequate to accommodate this increase - so it should be straight-forward. It also came with instructions and I have the original bike manual.

The supplier has confirmed that I need a 17mm spanner and 8mm allen key. Sounds easy-peasy doesn't it? Yep! I know... :icon_redface: I'm happy to do the work myself, just under guidance from someone who can sense-check my thinking and jump in when something goes tits-up as it usually does when I'm performing my own tasks on the bike.

So - give me a shout if you're willing to help a gal out!

Thanks, Nina

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry Bipps to far away but would help if I could, someone will be along and help I'm sure. :jossun:

Thanks Slice - for the gesture and also for not ribbing me, ha ha!

You are local! Sunday morning sounds fantastic Paul - you legend!

Are you happy for me to head to yours? Otherwise the work would need to be done on the road at my place (no garden). I'll PM you. Thanks so much!

Bippo I have NEVER laughed at someone honest enough to say they need help, it's the know it all dummies that I laugh at. :jossun: Airhead will help you sort it, like all us older riders he likes the fact that youngsters want to get cold and wet while grinning like a maniac cos they are enjoying their ride.

• Like 2

Yeah Airhead looks out for me on our annual Squires meet so I'm in good hands Slice!

Sunday morning is perfect timing because I'm heading off down south in the evening for work on the bike, so it'll be a good gauge of how well it works.

My fender extender also arrived today, but I can fit that myself, so not all that useless!!

That's ok Captf! Well if you pass through Glossop and see a Street Triple with blinging high bars and a grinning rider - give me a wave, ha ha!

You're sometimes around Reading way, aren't you?

I'm always happy to help, particularly now that I have an industrial socket set and a 100L compressor!!

And if, for some reason, it ends up being beyond us both (not likely for something like a set of pre-approved bar risers), I can call on a good friend and professional motorcycle mechanic, otherwise known as the Plum Patrol!!

Cheers Tasky! So kind. You're a cracking bunch on here.

I am actually heading down that way on Sunday evening for work (hopefully, thanks to Airhead, with a fitted set of risers).

Small world isn't it...

Good move " my mate sandy put 40mm risers on his street , cables are fine, remember cover the tank with a towel , as if a spanner etc drops :eusa_doh:, mind sit on it and adjust you levers after installation, get the angle etc,, you can hold the bars up while paul fits the risers,,handy,,, :jossun:

Thanks for the heads up Blackie. Can't wait to fit them, this bike isn't as forgiving as the Tiger!

I'll likely be doing another Iron Butt this year, as well as my Scotland trip so I'm purchasing some things that'll make it easier on me. Every little helps!

Currently sorting the fender extender, although may have to sand it down a little - clearance doesn't look great. Will see when it's back on the bike Sunday morning.

I fitted 19mm risers to my VTR and the cables only just made it. Helped quite a bit with the wrists.

It goes without saying I'd have offered Bipp but in this case Paul's the best man for the job. I hope they ease the pain in your wrist you need to save them for other stuff!! :razz:

now now I mean working on the bike

• Like 4

Me too :madflame: I thot it was the 8.1 plague :eusa_think:

Thing is I can quote and post pics on any plus-board forums. :hah: