Yamaha XVS950 midnight star headlight help

Thamiel Kain
This post is 3435 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

Guys I'm a bit stuck,
I have a 2009 Yamaha XVS950 midnight star, The problem I have is my headlight and highbeam lights seem to just stopped working.
The bulb and the fuses are fine, flicking between high and low beams doesnt seem to do anything neither does the "flash" trigger
There seems to be a good connection between the switch and the headlight.. but the power sufficient power doesnt seem to be getting through from after the from after the fuse box to the light.
I've had the tank up and the one connection i can find under there is secure,,

Is there a headlight relay somewhere? Does anyone have a circuit diagram?

Any help or ideas would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like a dirty or broken connector, you will need to have a look on the net for a diagram as we will get a bollocking if we copy a diagram that is copyrighted on to here. Try here ? http://www.fixya.com/f/landing/tagspage/yamaha_wiring_diagrams?cmpid=20140714&gclid=COvHqMasw8MCFSQGwwodaAMAaQ

If that don't work there are loads of others.

You can get the 1300 service manual here which I'm sure is similar to the 950 headlight setup. http://vstar1300.pbworks.com/w/page/5760692/FrontPage

It may be worth changing the bulb to rule that out as it's the easiest fix + dual filament so hi beam may have gone but low beam be ok? Failing that, it may be worth checking the contacts in the handlebar switch or there's a wiring bundle inside the headlight shroud.

If your bike is under warranty (extended), don't touch anything other than the bulb, just return to the dealer for fix

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online