Go Kart - WR125X Engine

Richard Swain
This post is 3524 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So, me and a buddy of mine are starting a new project with his old engine which he heat seized(He found it cheaper to buy a new engine at £175) the plan is to rebuild and run in this old engine with a fresh bore and over sized piston kit. We're uncertain about several things... seeing as we don't know how to mount it to our frame. We haven't got the frame yet but it's a bog standard foot down and go frame. My idea was to fit a separate gear shifter onto the frame and have a dual system the system would work that when the gas pedal is up the clutch is in and as you apply more throttle the clutch gradually releases this may seem stupid at first but allows quick and fast shifting if i'm not wrong. The project is going to be a long one but a fun one at that! The idea is to eventually get it all running 100% etc... But I have a few questions! In regards to fueling we don't want to bother with fuel injection if we doing have too. a small fuel tank will be fitted at the center of the frame right below the steering wheel question is what sort of carb could we use for it? I understand about jetting etc i'll be taking care of that whilst my buddy sorts out costs etc we're also going to be looking for ways of cooling and ways of fitting the chain and sprockets to the rear axle of the kart we want to use the standard Yamaha gearing if possible thanks for any help guys! Pictures of the rebuild will be on this thread shortly!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds interesting right enuff, :yeah: that clutch idea will burn it out pronto, Quick shifter would be better, switch is on gear lever- breaks the spark , allowing fast shifts without break in drive train,,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online