FZS600 02 plate Gear box issues

stuart1507
This post is 3369 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

My 02 600 fazer has just gone past the 60000 mark and has developed a couple of issues,

first of I now have an annoying knock from the top end which several garages have said not to

worry about as they are just wear noises and this week gear change has gone stiff but only changing

up not down.

with regard to the gear box does anyone have any idea what could be the cause and is it an easy fix.

Cheers

Stu

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check your chain tension Stu , a badly adjusted/lubed chain can affect the gearchange . Make sure your gearlever is not fouling on anything and that the splines on lever and shaft are ok . That's the stuff you can check without much hassle . Other than that if the bike has ever been dropped the gear selector shaft could be bent . Oh , and check the oil level . Best o' luck .

If you don't find anything, I'd pull the clutch cover off and check that the starter gear to the clutch basket is not loose, that makes a noise. Also the pin behind the basket wears too.

do a search on the forum for easy fix

for top end make sure the camchain tensioner is working

• Like 1