Heated Grips

Tommy xs
This post is 3345 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just fitted R&G heated grips from Amazon £36.00. They seem to work very well once warmed up which takes a couple of mins, I managed to wire them to the ignition so I don't have to worry about leaving them on. It was a bit tricky getting all the wiring to fit behind the headlight and connectors are a bit chunky but got it all in eventually and everything works, only took just over an hour to fit and was pretty straight forward I'll post some feedback on how good/bad I think they are after Iv'e used the a few times.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've got the same on my bike, well impressed so far!

I found the connectors chunky as well, and the premade loom too long. Took some time routing them properly.

Mine took a bit more than an hour, but I had to modify the throttle tube so the grip fitted properly!

I've got the same on my bike, well impressed so far!

I found the connectors chunky as well, and the premade loom too long. Took some time routing them properly.

Mine took a bit more than an hour, but I had to modify the throttle tube so the grip fitted properly!

Sounds like you had to do the same mods as I did but well worth the effort, went out for a spin today and what a difference. I always thought heated grips were for wimps till I tried then over a couple days last winter on another bike instant convert, well maybe not instant as its taken me over a year to get some. I was waiting till Christmas to drop the hint then I still didn't get any so eventually bought some myself.

Enjoy them Tommy. I have them on my bike and they make quite a difference.

Ride from London to Manchester in-2. Frozen adamsapple. Respect for the bike couriers that do it day in day out.

S.

Ride from London to Manchester in-2. Frozen adamsapple. Respect for the bike couriers that do it day in day out.

S.

That was my regular commute for a while. Twice a week I'd undertake that joyful task regardless of weather... In fact I've just done it again but this time in the car!

Heated grips really do help on a trip like that as it's the constant motorway speed which creates the chill. Gets a little tedious on a naked bike though...

That was my regular commute for a while. Twice a week I'd undertake that joyful task regardless of weather... In fact I've just done it again but this time in the car!

Heated grips really do help on a trip like that as it's the constant motorway speed which creates the chill. Gets a little tedious naked on a bike though...

• Like 2

Yes, and I've just got it too! Swine...

Actually I'm rather partial to it naked, but that's for another day...

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online