Looking for Intake manifold

DragStar2000
This post is 3396 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Heya

I own a xvs Dragstar 125 and my carb intake manifold needs replacing got cracks and running lean and fails past 50 so was wondering how easy or difficult would it be to come by a aluminium manifold so I can avoid replacing it again in future ?

Also apply same question to any draggie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The reason it's plastic/rubber is to stop it boiling (heat transfer) the fuel in your carb, you can I suppose get one made but you will be sitting with a bomb under your tank/seat and right below your bollocks !!!

Id sugest ringing a Yam main dealer, they wont have the part Im certain, but they will have the part number, make sure you get it, that then allows you to search yourself. I searched high and low for a parts manual for the xvs125 and never came up with it.

Cross reference the part number with the number for the same part on the virago 125/250. The 250 is 2uj-13586-00-00 I think

I have had a look on the net for a part for your bike, they are buggers to get bit's for aren't they? Is your present manifold rubber totally knackered? is it possible to repair it in any way? How about some rubber solution of some type painted on or wrapped around to give you a temporary fix till you can find a scrapper that has the bits you want.

AH the rev posted just while I was writing.

I bought some stuff many years ago called "Seek & Seal" that was supposed to seal any small gaps and cracks in rubber might be worth trying. Or something like this perhaps? $T2eC16FHJHgE9n0yDj0vBR%21pO2Nv7w~~60_35

Brake and Pipe Sealant - Elastic Gasket - Leak Seal 75ml - M256. Paint it on the outside and see if it works? Copy and paste the bold writing into ebay should find it.

On my old CX650 Eurosprout I used sections from an old inner tube that was just slightly smaller than the manifolds so it stretched over the top and gripped nicely by itself. Wee run of rubber glue round the edges and you couldn't tell it had been done .... from a distance anyway.

HTH

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online