Aerox 50cc power lose when gets warm

Ashleym40
This post is 3547 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

My son has a standard Aerox 50 cc 2010 which when it gets warm bogs down / loses power ?

It's had a new variator, auto choke, clutch, belt, reeds - carb cleaned and setup new piston rings but it still does this - used to run fine ?

It has a standard exhaust but looks rusty where attaches to cylinder head - could this be a problem ?

It's become my d eating to try and fix this scooter !!!!

Any suggestions or guidance would be deeply appreciated - oh happy new year

Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry I don't know what a particle filter is or where it is :(

sorry I meant to say for the fuel

Hello all,

Update as follows :-

Fitted new carb from ped parts - it's a motor force 17.5 mm - they suggested putting in a 75 jet (jet that's in original gurner carb is 62) and also a new exhaust.

Air filter - fine

Fuel filter - working fine

So before I could test for bogging down to see if new carb had solved problem - I have a new one !!!

When starts up and turns over - the idle is incredibably fast ie back wheel is turning like you have the throttle on full -

I've checked throttle cable to make sure there's no problem there and it's fine.

I have managed to get the back wheel to stop rotating when the bike is warm ( after 10-15 mins) by having the idle screw along way out and also the air/fuel screw screwed in as far as it will go.

I could not get the bike to stall at all with the idle screw and if I screwed the air/fuel screw out half a turn it just revs even more

The needle in the carb is at the bottom (I thought this should be at the top but this made it worse)

So my question is any ideas ??? Would putting a smaller jet say 62 like the original carb help this problem

Regards Matt